Last updated: September 26th, 2011
We collect certain information when you interact with the Site to provide you with an easy, efficient, and customized online experience. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information you provide by registering for the Site, or filling out forms or surveys on the Site.
- Information you provide when you contact us, or otherwise volunteer information, for instance, through the use of our interactive services (such as blogs, message/comment boards, Q&As, product submissions).
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site.
- Details of your visits to the Site, including, but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access. This data is only used in the aggregate.
- Information you provide when you place an order, buy a gift card or register for a service offered by EDITION01. When an order is placed with us, we hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit card billing address(es) so that we can process your order. Credit card information is saved by our payment processor, not by us, and only for those customers registered on the Site. Saved credit card information will not be shared with third parties and will be used only to process your order with our payment partner’s systems.
- Details other users or third parties send us about your activities or purchases on our Site.
- Details of products sent to you by another customer of the Site.
EDITION01 uses your personal information to process orders and payments, manage your account and provide a very personalized shopping experience. We may use the personal information you provide for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors’ needs.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you block or refuse to accept cookies, or delete cookies between visits to the Site, you may not be able to access or use certain features or functions of our Site. We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Access your information when you “log-in”;
- Monitor traffic (for example, the IP address from which visitors access the Site, the type of browser and operating system they use to access the site, the date and time of their access to the site, the pages of the Site they visit);
- Recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes;
- Anonymously track user interaction with online advertising, and display advertising banners based on a visitor’s interests and activity on the Site; or
- Conduct research to improve our Site content and services. We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other personal information that you provide us. The purposes of this are:
- To customize or personalize your Site experience;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit card sales; or
- To monitor your use of the Site so as to make our communications with you as relevant as possible.
We may also compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users.
- Our service providers and subcontractors retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising (with the exception of personal information received from Facebook); data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- The prospective seller or buyer of EDITION01’s business or assets, including where EDITION01 or substantially all of EDITION01’s assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- A credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; respond to inquiries or requests from public authority; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or to protect or defend the rights, property, security or safety of EDITION01, our employees, agents, contractors, customers, users, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction). We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful. EDITION01 may disclose personally identifiable information if EDITION01 in EDITION01’s sole discretion believes it is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, EDITION01 may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name. EDITION01 may share aggregated demographic information with business partners.
You will be notified of any change to our disclosure policy, at which time you will have the choice of opting out.
We may employ clear GIFs (also known as pixel tags or web beacons) for our benefit or the benefit of a third-party to measure the usage of our Site by our visitors and the effectiveness of communication and advertising efforts. Clear GIFs help us better manage content on our Site.
By registering with the Site you are choosing to subscribe to the EDITION01 newsletters, blog postings and other update features. When you register with the Site, you can choose to opt-out of any of our email newsletters and update features. If you choose to opt-out of our newsletters or other update features, you will not receive alerts for new products, features, special offers or events. You may change your subscription terms or unsubscribe from any of our update features at anytime by following the instructions contained in the emails or by visiting your “My Edition” account on the Site.
The "Share" feature on the Site allows members to share information about a specific item listed on EDITION01 by sending a personalized email, Facebook or Twitter message. If you choose to use EDITION01’s "Share" feature, EDITION01 will ask for the information needed to send the message, such as the intended recipient’s email address. EDITION01 will then automatically send an email to the recipient, inviting him or her to visit the Site. EDITION01 does not store "Share" information on its servers.
We may utilize a contact-importer feature to help you identify people from your email address books who are current members of EDITION01 and invite any other contact to join EDITION01. You may connect directly with your email service provider and import your contacts to EDITION01. When you add contacts to your EDITION01 circle, they will automatically receive an email notification.
When you post a message, your EDITION01 username is visible to other users. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
If you use a forum on the Site, such as a message board on the EDITION01 blog, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by others or could be used to send you unsolicited messages. EDITION01 is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
At all times, you will be offered the chance to opt-out of our subscription services. Upon registering for the Site, you will have the option to opt-out of newsletters and other update features. There will be an automated opt-out link in any email sent to you by EDITION01, enabling you to opt-out of that particular update feature. Alternatively, you can personalize your email preferences by logging into your “My Edition” account on the Site. To opt-out of direct mail service or updates, or to remove your name and personal data from our database altogether, please contact an EDITION01.com customer care representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can change or delete your EDITION01 account information at any time by logging into the Site using the “Log-in” menu and proceeding to your “My Edition” account section. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at email@example.com and we will change or delete your account details. Please note that if you delete your account, your identification, billing and contact information may remain in EDITION01’s records for some period of time.
Where you have received from us or chosen a piece of information (for example, a user identification code or password) as a part of a registration scheme or a security procedure allowing you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for safeguarding this information. We ask that you do not to share such information with anyone.
We employ electronic, physical and administrative measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us. Credit card transactions are handled by established third-party banking institutions and process agents. They receive the information they need to verify and authorize your credit card transactions.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while EDITION01 strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, EDITION01 cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the EDITION01 Site, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.